The latest sales strategies to grow your business.
Rapport Secret # 1
How to use rapport to help your customers feel important.
Caring is all about helping your prospects and customers to feel important. And helping your customers feel important is a very useful emotional state to have them in.
Because if you make people feel important, they’re going to be much more receptive to you. They’re going to have much more positive feelings towards you. You’re also holding them in a very resourceful emotional state because when people feel important they feel empowered, they feel like they can do anything and achieve anything.
And this is a really, really good place to have your prospects and customers emotionally, especially when you’re talking about your product or service.
Some examples you can use to demonstrate caring in a very simplistic level, are things like;
- Remembering the person’s name
- Remembering details
- Focusing on them and being present in that meeting
- Giving them your full attention.
- If you discuss something during a meeting or a phone call, which is relevant and interesting to that prospect or that client follow up and send them the article that you were talking about or a piece of information that you were talking about.
- The other thing that you can do along these lines is if you promise to do something by a certain timeframe, really do it by that timeframe
Now to give you a couple of quick examples of things I’ve experienced in the past, my old boss was fantastic and all he did to demonstrate caring, to me, was guess what he sent me a Christmas card every year, and he sent me a birthday card, and he would also send me a Christmas present and a birthday present. He knows I like chocolate. So, he would always send me a nice box of chocolates. Is this an expensive thing to do? Absolutely not. Every year he demonstrated that he cared about me, that he was thinking about me and that he wanted me to feel appreciated. And guess what this did in return. It made me think about him and it made me care about him as well.
Now I’m sure you can think of your own ideas, you’re probably doing a lot of this already, but I just want you to really focus in on how you can increase your caring.