Would you like to win more pitches?
But not sure what you need to do differently?
But are your clients excited by the same ideas? Are they listening?
Factual and feature heavy proposals that talk about your business, not theirs, aren’t exciting to your clients.
So what are clients looking for?
Move away from the cookie-cutter, factual and features lead proposal. After all, you’re talking to a person. So engage with them as a person.
Here are my three principles for pitch success.
- Understand the emotional drivers (values, hot buttons) of the person you’re talking to. From a business and personal perspective.
- Link your relevant features to their emotional drivers.
- Distil your message so it’s clear and concise to gain credibility, helping you make a deeper connection.
Proposals that are shaped around emotional drivers create engagement, connecting you with your audience.
Emotions connect you to your clients.
Clients want to know how you can help them move from A to B.
This commonly falls into two categories. Solving a pain or helping them achieve a goal, dream or aspiration. Both of these are emotional. Your proposal has to contain the right balance of emotion and logic to have real impact.
Would you like to connect more deeply with your clients?
Take advantage of my no win no fee offer on pitches and proposal writing.
How it works.
- We arrange a meeting at your office, if you’re based in Melbourne. Or a phone call if you’re not. A call works just as well.
- I assess your proposal to determine what you are doing right and where you need help.
- We work together to shape your proposal. Ensuring it has the right balance of emotion and logic, connecting your features to the client’s emotional drivers.
- We then distil the core message so it’s clear, concise and connects to your client in a way that’s relevant to them.
- We can work together on as many pitches or proposals as you like. These’s no end to my help.
- You get as much of my time and as many of my ideas as you need to shape your proposal.
- If for some reason you lose, everything is totally free. That’s right, my ideas, time, everything, totally free. If you win, you pay me 10% of the value of the contract or your fee.
Contact me today about your current pitch or proposal
What people say about my No Win No Fee.
It is rare in this day and age to find people who don’t see the glass half empty but rather half full and without fail Marcus will inevitably ask “How do we top it up?”
His enthusiasm is contagious and brings a certain element to any business that breeds success.
I emigrated from the UK in late 2017, where I’d worked as a trainer and coach, specialising in selling, pitching and influencing. I am now taking my skillset directly into companies to help them win more business with my No Win No Fee offer. That doesn’t mean I’ve stopped training, far from it. I’m still training and running courses.
Here are some of my clients from the UK; Google, Unilever, P&G, Trinity Mirror Group, Thomson Reuters, KLM, Royal Bank of Scotland, ABN Amro, Close Brothers, GCHQ, FCA, over 50 different advertising and media agencies, tech start-ups, big pharmer and many more.
Pitch Consultant and Corporate Trainer.
Like to meet up?
Loving coffee is optional.
KLM Retail case study
KLM’s original presentation started with two pages of their features. I didn’t look at the remaining 5 slides because I knew the bank wouldn’t either.
To create a compelling 7 slide PowerPoint that would win KLM Retail the right to sell the asset.
Our solution was to create a 7 slide PowerPoint centred around the bank’s values, and why and how KLM Retail were best placed to sell their asset for £65 Million. This took 5 slides, with no more than 20 words on a slide.
We used the remaining two slides for testimonials (Social Proof) one of the Key tools for influence from Robert Cialdini’s work on influence.
Against the odds, KLM Retail were awarded the contract.
Learn about training
Most popular course - 2018
Supercharge your sales – a
This is an end-to-end system designed to generate more sales. Taking you through the essential tools you need to grow your business. Learn the fundamental questions to ask in client meetings to create greater engagement with your product or service. Then apply the answers directly to your proposals. Allowing you to craft proposals
I’ve run training for all levels of seniority within a business and across many different sectors, from banking and finance to tech startups. I’ve also trained in APAC, North America and EMEA.
Pitch and Presentation Training
Based on the latest techniques, my pitch training will take you and your team’s abilities from beginner to advanced. Teaching everyone the essential skills to create winning pitches.
We look at how you can become more engaging and persuasive in your pitch. You will understand how to structure engaging content that not only answers the client’s business
Real influence, when it’s done correctly, doesn’t feel like influence. There’s no wrestling to the ground, there’s no struggle. People just find themselves going in the direction someone else wants them to go in. Learn this style of influence, it’s much more powerful.
What people say about my training.
My training philosophy
Why don't delegates apply what they learn in trainings?
Here’s what I do.
- Yes, I deliver the latest skills and knowledge.
- I also make sure delegates can contextualise the new techniques to their roles.
- But most importantly, I help them overcome their negative beliefs. Right there and then in the training room.
Want to learn more?